Well I am in my 3rd week of academic classes and I can't wait for them to be over! I hate not being able to cook. I feel like when I go to Foundations 3 in 3 weeks, I will have forgotten everything I have learned so far. I'm sure that's not true, but that's my fear. I have been cooking at home which is a necessity since my son Malik is growing like a weed, I can't seem to keep up with him.. Lol
I try to cook new things as much as possible, which is probably why I seem to collect recipes. I could cook 5 meals a day and probably still not make them all. watching the movie Julie & Julia recently made me realize how much I love cooking and has inspired me to pull some out and start trying them to either put in a book or throw away. Some recipes I have tried in the past have been hit or misses, as with anything. My boyfriend Chuck and my son Malik aer my biggest critics and are always quick to tell me what they think.
Putting stuff away from the move last week, I found an old cookbook (Better Homes and Gardens Toaster Oven Cook Book 1982) my mom gave me for Toaster Ovens. Going through it I found alot of recipes that seemed really good. So I found a few that I will be trying in the next few weeks. The first thing I decided to make was a sesame chicken recipe. It was pretty good, but I want to make a few changes before I post it on for people to try. The flavor was good, but I thought if I marinate it next time, it would be so much better. Brushing it on as in the recipe now has, doesn't allow the flavor to really penetrate the chicken. If you were to marinate it, it should allow the chicken to absorb the soy flavor better.
The great thing about cooking is creating your own versions and what works best for you. With me I have 2 picky eaters at home, so alot of times that means either removing an ingredient all together, or making 2 separate dishes. I am not a picky eater, I am always willing to try something. How else are you suppose to know if you like it or not?
No comments:
Post a Comment